perform thorough due diligence (in some cases over many months) on the clients
we raise finance for. This includes – but is not limited to – the following:
• Know your customer checks – ensuring that the company, the management team and
its board are who they say they are.
• Financial due diligence – reviewing recent financial statements and management
accounts to analyse the historic financial performance of the company.
• Financial forecasts – working closely with the organisation to develop a robust
financial model based on realistic underlying market, operating and financial
assumptions and sensitivity analysis.
• Assessing the financial viability of the organisation using reasonable
underlying assumptions over the term of the bond to ensure capital and interest
payments can be met in a base case scenario.
• Management team and governance – meetings with the management team and board of
directors or trustees, reviewing their experience and track record and
governance and decision-making processes.
• Mission and impact – understanding the mission and ethos of the organisation to
ensure that genuine social or environmental impact is created through its
corporate finance managers are all qualified finance professionals with
significant experience in the accountancy and investment banking sector. See
more detail on our team here: http://www.triodos.co.uk/raising-capital