perform thorough due diligence (in some cases over many months) on the clients
we raise finance for. This includes – but is not limited to – the following:
• Know your customer checks – ensuring that the company, key members of the management team and
its board are who they say they are.
• Financial due diligence – reviewing past financial statements and management
accounts to analyse the historic financial performance of the company.
• Financial forecasts – ensuring that the company has prepared a robust
financial model based on realistic underlying market, operating and financial
assumptions and sensitivity analysis.
• Assessing the financial viability of the organisation using reasonable
underlying assumptions over the term of the bond to ensure capital and interest
payments can be met in a base case scenario.
• Management team and governance – meetings with the management team and board of
directors or trustees, reviewing whether their governance structure appears appropriate for the organisation.
• Mission and impact – understanding the mission and ethos of the organisation to
ensure that genuine social or environmental impact is created through its
Triodos Bank does not provide financial advice to savers and investors. It is your responsibility to decide whether to invest or not, including carrying out relevant background research.